Terms and Conditions
Data Protection: –
Who we are:
2. Wherever the name “R2U Ltd”, “R2U Website Provider”, “Our”, “We” or “Us” is used within these pages, this refers to one or more of the brands of R2U that operate in the United Kingdom and who may or may not offer insurance and financial products or services on or in relation to this Claims Website.
• For more information concerning R2U Ltd – www.r2u.co.uk
Your Licence to Use Our Claims Website:
3. This end user licence agreement (“Claims Website Licence”) is concluded between the end user (“You” / “Your” / “Yourself”) and the license website licence provider (the “R2U Website Provider” / “R2U” / “Our” / “We” / “Us”).
4. We retain all rights that We do not expressly give You in these R2U Terms. The claims submission portal product that is subject to these R2U Terms is referred to in these R2U Terms as the “Claims Website”. The insurer or broker or third party providing insurance claims handling services through the Claims Website is referred to as the “Insurer”.
Scope of Licence Granted to You:
5. This Claims Website Licence granted to You for the Claims Website by Us is limited to You alone and as such is a non-transferable licence to use the Claims Website on any phone or device that You own or control and as permitted by the Usage Rules set forth by R2U’ Terms and Conditions (the “Usage Rules”).
6. This Claims Website Licence does not allow You to use the Claims Website on any phone or device that you do not own or control, and You may not distribute or make the Claims Website available over a network where it could be used by multiple devices at the same time.
7. You may not rent, lease, lend, sell, redistribute or sublicense the Claims Website. You may not copy (except as expressly permitted by this Claims Website Licence and the Usage Rules) decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, attempt to derive the source code of, modify, or create derivative works of the Claims Website, any updates, or any part thereof (except as and only to the extent any foregoing restriction is prohibited by website or applicable law or to the extent as may be permitted by the licensing terms governing use of any open sourced components included with the Claims Website) (“Prohibited Acts”).
8. You agree and acknowledge that any attempt to do any one or more of the Prohibited Acts is a violation of the rights of R2U and its licence. If You breach this restriction You may be subject to prosecution and a claim for damages. The terms of the Claims Website Licence will govern any upgrades provided by R2U that replace and/or supplement the original Claims Website, unless such upgrade is accompanied by a separate licence in which case the terms of that licence will govern.
Your Personal Information – Your Consent to Use of Data:
R2U Ltd is committed to protecting your personal information and, for corporate clients, the personal information of your employees.
Company Number: 11914230
13 Canal Street
Suite 10-12 Mezzanine Floor Royal Liver Building
How to contact us
13 Canal Street
We will comply with all applicable requirements of current data protection legislation including the Data Protection Act 1998 [DPA] and the General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679) [GDPR] in force from time to time and any applicable national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation, as amended or updated from time to time, in the UK and then any replacement legislation in the UK to the DPA and the GDPR.
Sensitive Personal Information
“Special categories” of particularly sensitive personal information require higher levels of protection. We may process special categories of personal information in the following circumstances:
1. In limited circumstances, with your explicit written consent;
2. Where we need to carry out our legal obligations and in line with our Data Protection Policy;
3. Where it is needed to assess your working capacity on health grounds, subject to appropriate confidentiality safeguards.
We may process this type of information where it is needed in relation to legal claims or where it is needed to protect your interests (or someone else’s interests) and you are not capable of giving your consent, or where you have already made the information public. We may also process such information in the course of legitimate business activities with the appropriate safeguards
Information we collect and use
• Individual Clients – depending upon the services we provide, we may collect and use the following information about you (list not exhaustive):
Name, date of birth, home address, home telephone number, private mobile number, work address, work email address and private email address, bank details, IP address;
Vehicle details such as a registration number if the vehicle is subject to an insurance claim;
Information connected with the product or service provided;
Information about your contact with us e.g. meetings, phone calls, emails / letters;
Details of convictions, where the conviction has a material bearing on the insurance or service provided;
Health information, where the information has a material bearing on the insurance or service provided.
• Corporate Clients – depending upon the services we provide, we may collect and use the following information about you and/or your employees (list not exhaustive):
Health information, where the information has a material bearing on the insurance or service provided.
It is important that personal information held is accurate and up to date, it is therefore we should be informed if any personal information changes.
This information will only be collected and used where it is needed to provide our product or service to you or to comply with our legal obligations.
Information you may provide us about other people connected with the service, insurance, or claim.
Where we collect your information
We may collect your personal information directly from you, or for corporate clients from your employees, from a variety of sources, including:
• enquiry, application and claim forms (electronic and paper);
• phone conversations with us;
• information provided by family members or someone acting on your behalf such as a Solicitor
• emails or letters you or your employees send to us;
• meetings with our employees;
• participating in research surveys to help us understand you better and improve our products and services;
• our online services such as websites, social media, live chat and mobile device applications.
• Credit reference agencies
• DVLA, HMRC and other government bodies
• Publicly available information such as social media
• Insurers and intermediaries
We may also collect personal information about you from places such as business directories and other commercially or publicly available sources e.g. to check or improve the information we hold (like your address) or to give better contact information if we are unable to contact you directly.
What we collect and use your information for
We take privacy seriously and we will only ever collect and use information which is personal where it is necessary, fair and lawful to do so. We will collect and use your information only where:
• you have given us your permission [consent] to send you information about products and services offered by R2U Ltd;
• it is necessary for us to meet our legal or regulatory obligations;
• where we need to process your information to administer insurance products and services, such as the processing of a claim;
• If you do not wish us to collect and use your personal information in these ways, it may mean that we will be unable to provide you with our products or services.
Who we may share your information with
Companies we have chosen to support us in the delivery of the products and services we offer to you and other customers e.g. insurance companies, third party processors such as accident management companies, hire companies and other bodyshops, as well as software companies used for back-office systems and claims reporting.
Whenever we share personal information, we will do so in line with our obligations to keep information safe and secure.
Where personal information is processed
Personal information is processed in the UK and European Economic Area (EEA). We undertake regular checks on our third-party suppliers to ensure they meet UK / EEA data privacy laws.
How we protect your information
We take information and system security very seriously and we strive to comply with our obligations at all times. Any personal information which is collected, recorded or used in any way, whether on paper, online or any other media, will have appropriate safeguards applied in line with our data protection obligations.
Personal information is protected by controls designed to minimise loss or damage through accident, negligence or deliberate actions. Our employees also protect sensitive or confidential information when storing or transmitting information electronically.
Our security controls are aligned to industry standards and good practice providing a controlled environment that effectively manages risks to the confidentiality, integrity and availability of personal information.
When receiving a subject access request will take all reasonable steps to ensure the person requesting the information is entitled to receive it.
How long we keep personal information
We will keep personal information only where it is necessary to provide you with our products or services while you are a client.
We may also keep your information after this period but only where required to meet our legal or regulatory obligations. The length of time we keep your information for these purposes will vary depending on the obligations we need to meet.
Your individual rights
You have several rights in relation to how R2U Ltd uses your information. They are:
• Right to be informed – You have a right to receive clear and easy to understand information on what personal information we hold, why and who we share it with – we do this in this policy;
• Right of access – You have the right of access to your personal information. If you wish to receive a copy of the personal information we hold on you, you may make a data subject access request (DSAR);
• Right to request that your personal information be rectified – If your personal information is inaccurate or incomplete, you can request that it is corrected;
• Right to request erasure – You can ask for your information to be deleted or removed if there is not a compelling reason for R2U Ltd to continue to hold it;
• Right to restrict processing – You can ask that we block or suppress the processing of your personal information for certain reasons. This means that we are still permitted to keep your information, but only to ensure we don’t use it in the future for those reasons you have restricted;
• Right to data portability – You can ask for a copy of your personal information for your own purposes to use across different services. In certain circumstances, you may move, copy or transfer the personal information we hold to another company in a safe and secure way. For example, if you were moving your back-office system to another provider;
• Right to object – You can object to R2U Ltd processing your personal information where it is based on our legitimate interests (including profiling), for direct marketing (including profiling) and if we were using it for scientific/historical research and statistics.
Rights related to automatic decision making including profiling
You have the right to ask R2U Ltd to:
• give you information about its processing of your personal information;
• request human intervention or challenge a decision where processing is done solely by automated processes;
• carry out regular checks to make sure that our automated decision making and profiling processes are working as they should.
How to make a complaint
10. The Claims Website Licence is effective until terminated by You or Us. Your rights under this Claims Website Licence will terminate automatically without notice from Us if You fail to comply with any term(s) of this Claims Website Licence. Upon termination of the Claims Website Licence, You shall cease all use of the Claims Website, and destroy all copies, full or partial, of the Claims Website.
Service and Third Party Materials:
11. The Claims Website will enable access to the Claims Website services and from time to time web sites (collectively and individually, “Services”). Use of the Services may require internet access, in which case You acknowledge that additional items of service may apply.
12. Certain Services may display, include or make available content, data, information, website applications or materials from third parties (“Third Party Materials”).
13. By using the Services You acknowledge and agree that:
• We are not responsible for examining or evaluating the content of such Third Party Materials or web sites;
• We do not have any liability or responsibility to You or any other person for Third Party Materials or web sites.
14. We, nor any of Our content providers, guarantees the availability, accuracy, completeness, reliability or timeliness of stock information or location data displayed by any Services.
15. You acknowledge that any Services and Third Party Materials may contain proprietary content, information and material that is protected by applicable intellectual property and other laws, including but not limited to copyright, and agree that You will not use (including but not limited to use for any commercial purposes) copy, re-use such proprietary content, information or materials in any way whatsoever except for permitted use of the Services. No portion of the Services or Third Party Materials may be reproduced in any form or by any means. You agree not to modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, distribute, or create derivative works based on the Services or Third Party Materials, in any matter and You shall not exploit the Services or Third Party Materials in any unauthorised way.
Limitation by Liability:
16. To the extent permitted by law, We shall not be liable for any indirect damage arising out of or in relation to Your use or inability to use the Claims Website, however caused, including but not limited to Your failure to submit to Us any true and accurate personal information, whether relating to You or any other party on whose behalf You submit such personal information to Us. In no event shall Our total liability to You for all damages (other than as may be required by website applicable law) exceed the greater of the one off, access price that You pay to Us to access this Claims Website.
17. The laws of England and Wales govern these R2U Terms and Your Claims Website Licence and Your use of the Claims Website and the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
18. If you have a complaint
Our promise of service
Our promise of service
Our goal is to give excellent service to all our customers but we recognise that things do go wrong occasionally. We take all complaints we receive seriously and aim to resolve all our customers’ problems promptly and fairly.
What will happen if you complain?
We will acknowledge your complaint promptly.
We aim to resolve all complaints as quickly as possible.
Most of our customers’ concerns can be resolved quickly but occasionally more detailed enquiries are needed. If this is likely, we will contact you with an update within 10 working days of receipt and give you an expected date of response.
What should I do?
You can make a complaint, by phone 0151 294 4544, email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us: The Complaints Officer, R2U Ltd, 13 Canal Street, Bootle, Liverpool, Merseyside, L20 8AB
What you’ll need to tell us so that we can help you
Your personal details
Your claim details or if your complaint is not related to a claim full details of the complaint
What’s gone wrong
What you would like us to do to put things right
What we will do to resolve your complaint
We will acknowledge your complaint within 2 working days and contact you to advise of the intended course of action, we will also follow up all of our communications in writing
We will automatically refer your complaint to our formal complaints procedure should we be unable to resolve it within 3 working days
We’ll treat your complaint fairly
We’ll resolve your complaint as soon as possible and we will try to do this within 10 working days
For more complex issues it’s likely that we will need longer to look into what’s happened and we may ask you for further information to help us reach a decision, we will aim to resolve more complex issues within 30 working days
We’ll give you regular updates every 3-5 working days
We will send a ‘final response’ letter to your complaint within 8 weeks, which will outline our assessment of your complaint and provide you with further information regarding any further options available to you
Who we are
Wherever the name “R2U” is used within these pages, this refers to R2U Ltd that operate in the United Kingdom and who may or may not offer insurance and financial Claims Processing services on this Claims Website.
• For more information concerning R2U – www.r2u.co.uk
What information we collect and how
The information that we collect via Your phone or device may include:-
1. Any personal details that you type in and submit such as Your (or third parties, including but not limited to any witness on whose behalf You submit personal details to Us) name, address, e-mail address, date of birth, voice recording, telephone number, image and other information.
2. Data that allows Us to remember You, any interests that You have recorded and how You use the Claims Website. This saves You from re-inputting information when You return to the Claims Website and allows Us to arrange our Claims Website content to match Your preferred interests.
Further details on how to disable cookies in your browser please visit the About Cookies Website.
3. Your IP address (this is Your phone or device’s individual identification number for internet connection) that is automatically logged by Our web server. This is used to note Your interest in Our Claims Website.
4. Your preferences and use of e-mail that are recorded by e-mails We send You or other electronic updates direct to your phone or device (will not be sent only if you have de-selected to receive such e-mail or other electronic updates on products and offers).
What we do with your information
Your information may be used for the purposes of Claims Processing and related administration. It may be disclosed to regulatory bodies for the purposes of monitoring and/or enforcing the insurer’s compliance with any regulatory rules/codes.
If You give Us information about another person, in doing so You confirm that they have given You permission to provide it to Us to be able to process their personal data (including any sensitive personal data) and also that You have told them who We are and what We will use their data for, as set out in this notice.
In the case of personal data, with limited exceptions, and on payment of the appropriate fee, you have the right to access and if necessary rectify information held about you.
Any information that personally identifies You is collected by Us as data controller for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998.
We will not use Your information to send marketing to You, unless We inform You first and obtain Your prior consent to do so to the extent required by law.
You should also be aware that communications over the internet, such as e-mails, are not secure unless they have been encrypted.
You should note that the information that You submit to Us for the above Claims Processing related purposes is also stored on Your phone or device in unencrypted form and You agree that the onus is on You to password protect access to Your phone or device to ensure that Your information stored on Your phone or device remains secure. Your communications may route through a number of countries before being delivered – this is the nature of the internet.
R2U cannot accept responsibility for any unauthorised access or loss of personal information that is beyond Our control, including access or loss caused by You failing to password protect access to Your phone or device.
Get a quick repair estimate
Fill out our online estimate for with as much detail as possible and we will be in touch to discuss your quote in more detail.